Assuming that you have closely inspected and cleaned all the components, here are some instructions on how to assemble the lower casting.
Lower Carburetor Casting Assembly
- Screw in Compensator Jet, using two gasket washers, with screwdriver.
- Screw in Seat for Gas Adjusting Valve (if your vintage of casting needs one), with a Gasket Washer, using a screwdriver.
- Screw in Main Jet, using one gasket washer, with screwdriver.
- Screw in Cap Jet, using one gasket washer (with 5/16" nut driver).
- Screw in drain plug, with one gasket, using 1/2" wrench.
- Screw in Secondary Well until it bottoms out, but do not tighten, with screwdriver.
- Screw Gas Adjusting Valve housing (minus the needle) into the casting. Tighten with a 7/16 or 13/16" wrench.
- Screw Gas Adjusting Valve needle into the Gas Adjusting Valve housing. It does not need to be screwed in very far at this time.
- Slide choke driver over Gas Adjusting Valve assembly.
- Attach choke lever arm to choke shaft with a lock washer and an 8/36 nut.
- Slide choke shaft into casting and align choke lever cam into choke driver.
- Attach Choke plate into shaft, using 2 oval 5/40 screws. Care should be taken to remove as much choke level arm cam engagement slop as possible.
- Screw Choke Driver to full clockwise position, and then back off about 1/4 of a turn.
- Drop Venturi into casting.
- Install main bowl gasket over Venturi onto the casting.
- Set aside a main bolt and lock washer, which will later be used to attach the lower casting assembly to the upper casting assembly.