Removing the carburetor is very simple, if you know how to.
Removing Carburetor From Vehicle
- Turn gas shut off valve to off position and run engine until engine stalls, having used up most of the gasoline in the carburetor.
- From passenger side of engine, disconnect throttle linkage (which is spring loaded) from the carburetor.
- Disconnect choke rod from the carburetor by pushing up sleeve (set aside sleeve and spring).
- Disconnect fuel line from the carburetor with either at 1/2" or 9/16" wrench.
- Remove two mounting bolts with a 1/2" wrench.
- When lifting carburetor out of the engine compartment, use caution so as to not drip gasoline onto the fender.